Monday, February 9, 2009

Lehigh Valley HERE WE COME!

That's right...Darin matched with his #1 choice! We are moving to Allentown, Pennsylvania where he will be working in the Lehigh Valley Hospital as an Emergency Medicine Resident. We need to be there June 1st so we have A LOT to do before then! We are so excited and ready for a change. Wish us luck on the east coast!

20 comments:

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Yay!!!!! Good for you guys!!! Good luck on the East Coast. I have always kinda wished I could live there for a year or two. I am happy you got the choice you wanted!

Brett + Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are sooo excited for you guys and that you matched with your #1!! Way to go!

Andrews Family said...

That's so awesome! Way to go on your first choice! You'll have to let us know how you like living on the East coast-sounds exciting!

Julie said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you got your 1st choice.

Jeanine said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited for you and glad that Darrin got just what he wanted. That is awesome! East Coast, how fun and exciting! I am jealous that you have that courage to move all over the place-willingly! :) I stay in my bubble.

Randy & JoAnna said...

And I was sad when my kids moved 4 hours away from me!! Your poor mother having to go clear across the US to see Nash!
I'm happy for you tho, you got to go where you wanted! How long will you be there?

Randy & JoAnna said...

Duh...I just saw on the post below this one....4 years! Holy smokes! Nash will almost be in kindergarten and you'll have another baby by then.....SHEESH!

CathyCosby said...

I am very happy for you Darin, you have worked very hard for this opportunity. BUT you are taking that sweet little boy so far away from us (oh yea and our daughter). CONGRATS. you are going to do so good.

Ginger said...

Congratulations. It's so nice when things work out well. That is a long way from home, but I'm sure you'll be just fine. It's so fun to get a chance to see other parts of the country.

Angie M said...

That is so awesome! We have some friends that moved to Penn Valley, PA about two years ago and love it. I would love to live on the East Coast for awhile. Sounds so fun. Congrats on getting your first choice! Hope to see ya before your move!

Chelle said...

YES!!! That is great news!!!!! I can't wait to tell Jay. He'll be so excited!!! Good luck with everything!!!

Laura said...

WOW, how exciting! I can't believe no one's made any references to the Billy Joel song... ("Allentown" anyone?) How lucky you are to live in all these exciting places - can't wait to follow your adventures on the east coast!

Jannice said...

Yes, we also are vert happy for the three of you but we will miss seeing you as often. Isn't it great that you got your first choice! It will be such a great place to be with all the past historical places to see and new country to become acquainted with.
Fun times ahead for you all
Love Mom and Dad

lcdiaz said...

congrats! Thats awesome! It will be fun to do something new. Good luck with all the moving and stuff!

Mike and Tycie said...

Yeah!!! You are ALITTLE closer to us! You are going to LOVE the east coast! Becareful, you may find you want to STAY!!!

Wesley Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting ,and scary, but mostly exciting. Your little baby is growing up so fast, he is just so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I wish we knew where we were moving when Sam finishes. We will miss seeing you guys when we visit Claremont. Best of luck.

The Willardson Family said...

Yeah!!!! We want to come and see you guys in Penn. State! We are so excited for you! Carly says "I love your little baby, cause of the picture" (the cupie doll pic). Good luck with getting ready for the move! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yyohytu65y;cdvgbhjkulop'[]\] you from Carly.

LindseyFae* said...

That is so exciting! I'm so happy for you guys that you got the one you wanted! And I've totally been meaning to call you and tell you THANK YOU so much for mailing me that disc.. I haven't even had time to use it yet (just cause I know I'm going to have to learn it) But I'm so excited!

Good luck in Pennsylvania!

Andy & Alicia said...

YAY! That's awesome to get your first choice. I don't know much about Pennsylvania but hopefully it's really fun so you and Nash don't get too bored. But I guess if you do you can always come home for a visit. :)