Thursday, May 7, 2009

Blanding Rotation

Darin's last rotation of medical school was spent in Blanding with Dr. Jones and Dr. Fisher.  I was a little worried about this rotation because it was in my home town of 4000 people, so basically I know everyone there.  Darin has such a great attitude and he really loved this rotation.  He enjoyed working with the Navajo/Ute people...those squaws were extra nice to him! ;)  It was fun having him come home and tell me a general idea of what he saw, however, in the back of my head I was trying to figure out WHO the cases were about...bad I know! My favorite thing about this rotation was walking around town with Darin, and people would say hi to him first and then say "hey you were my doctor yesterday!" instead of only talking to me.  I think Darin's favorite thing about this rotation was the trips to Montezuma Creek and Monument Valley...especially to Monument Valley in Dr. Jone's plane....
Doesn't he look so gitty! haha

Good ol' Blanding
This is the rock where Darin proposed to me...I said "heck no!" haha...I thought he was kidding around, until I saw the ring...oops.
That rock is in Comb Ridge which over looks the above valley.  I love this view it was my thinking rock, when I wanted to be alone and one with nature (haha) from the top you can see all 4 states.
This is Valley of the Gods.  I don't know if I were a God if I would want to live in this ugly little valley!
The Goosenecks.
Monument Valley.
One of the mittens in Monument Valley.
Yes this looks familiar...Forrest Gump stopped running somewhere on that stretch of road.
A view of Lake Powell.
Dr. Jones and Darin in the fancy smancy airplane.
The Elk Mountain.
The Elk again with view of the Bear's Ears...one of my favorite places...yes I know they do not look like Ears, just trust me on it!
Sort of a view of the Blue Mountain.
So that was a sky tour of where I grew up.  It may be ugly to some, but I love it and I am so grateful for growing up there.  Darin was amazed at how rugged the land was, I guess thats why I am so rugged..;) j/k.  I am glad he enjoyed his time in Blanding.

7 comments:

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Thanks for the pictures, I enjoyed looking at them, brings back a lot of good memories. I didn't know Darin proposed to you down there, and I can't believe you said heck no! That really probably rattled Darin's nerves! Good thing he was able to finish his proposal! So is Darin all the way done with this rotation?

Julie said...

Neat pictures. It really is beautiful country.

CathyCosby said...

Very pretty pictures, makes me very very vertigo...We are blessed to have had you in our very messed up health system.

LindseyFae* said...

Holy cow! I haven't blogged in forever and you've been busy!! I am jealous of your helicopter ride.. we were in Blanding last weekend. Congrats on the new house, it is so charming! And Nash is such a doll in those NYC pics! Jealous of NY!!

Elaine/Kent said...

Beautiful pics! I love that part of the country! It will always be home!

Wesley Family said...

That is so romantic that you didn't even know he was going to propose! Looks like he had tons of fun. I love all the airplane pictures!

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Christina this post is hilarious. First of all I love Blanding. Thanks for sharing it with those of us who will never go there. Ha ha. And Darin looks like he is having way to much fun. We miss you guys.