Friday, October 2, 2009

Philadelphia Zoo

Last Saturday we had a fun morning at the Philadelphia Zoo with our friends Aaron, Christine and Emory. They so graciously shared their passes with us, all we had to pay for was the parking...and we paid for that twice...I helped Darin recycle our parking ticket...oops!!

We saw a range of emotions come out of Nash at the zoo. He was very excited to be out and about and wanted to look at everything...yes I am trying to instill in our child my hat feddish...he isn't a fan.
He showed us the point and squeal...
The clap for joy...
Climbing to get in with the animals...
And of course the temper tantrum...
I think his favorite exhibits was the monkeys. He was a little weasel and would crawl right up to the front of the groups to get a better look at the monkeys.
I can only imagine what he is thinking in this picture....
He then wanted to become a monkey...
But certainly did not want to be inside of an egg...
The zoo has a treehouse area for little ones to romp around in. Nash, Emory and the daddies loved this part. Darin and Aaron coaxed Nash and Emory through this little log tunnel. It was pretty hilarious watching the dads squeeze out of the end.
After doing it once with the dads, Emory and Nash were brave and would go together.
This picture I think is so sweet. When Emory was scared he would cover a part of his face and hold his moms hand...
Emory wanted a picture with the bears. Isn't he just the cutest little boy!
All during lunch Emory talked about riding the swans. Darin decided to take Nash too. Not such a good idea. Just putting on the life jacket made Nash IRATE and he started screaming. Darin was trying to attend to Nash and couldn't get the swan going so he went backwards for a little while...haha! Then when he finally got over by where I was taking pictures, Nash was looking over Darin's shoulder reaching for me and screaming....at least Emory and Aaron had a nice relaxing swan ride...minus the background noise of Nash crying.

We love giraffes!
We are so happy we got to go to the zoo with friends. Thank you Aaron and Christine! The weather was perfect, there wasn't too many crowds and it wore little Nasharoo plum out!

6 comments:

CathyCosby said...

That looks like fun, I love the gorilla, looks like me somedays...

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

What a fun trip to the zoo, and great pictures! I can't believe how big Nash is getting, he looks like he is growing like a little weed! Love the gorilla picture by the way, funny animals....

Anonymous said...

I love these pics, so cute.. Nash is so funny.. reminds me of Ryver sometimes!

Francom Family said...

I love going on zoo trips, it looked sooo fun. Nash in the boat wanting you was so funny. I can't believe how big Nash is getting, you need another one;). He really is a cute kid, looks like a lot of fun.

Mike and Tycie said...

What a fun trip to the zoo!! I love the zoo!!! I could stay and watch the gorilla's all day long!!! We have yet to go to the Nashville zoo, but from what I remember we arent missing much there!!! :)

The Willardson Family said...

It looks like you guys are having too much fun!!! That is an awesome zoo! Nash is so adorable. We are so excited to see you guys! A friend of mine takes photos here, her name is Cordie. I gave her your photo blog to check out. (I hope that was OK) Her blog is "T Land" on my blog list if you want to check it out. Keep in touch!