Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sweet Blessings...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! We are very grateful for both our mother's. I know both of us miss our mother's very much. They are the rocks in our life and we owe everything to them.

My mom is one of the hardest workers I know. She is always busy creating things and will drop whatever she is doing to help her children. She is the best Internet babysitter that Nash has. :) She also has a good sense of humor and Darin enjoys patronizing her.

Darin's mother is a blessing in our lives too. She has a very kind heart and I have always found it very easy to talk with her. We both think of her as a spiritual giant, I ALWAYS seem to learn something spiritual from our talks.

We want to be our best for both our moms and we are grateful for the blessing they are in our lives. Thank you both for all that you have done for us...WE LOVE AND MISS YOU SO MUCH! Today I am home from church sick with Bronchitis. Hopefully on the tail end of this awful bug. Darin took Nash to church so the house is quiet and I have uninterrupted time to think and reflect on all the many blessings I have been given. Yesterday, Darin took Nash to Sam's Club for some shopping. He came home with a carpet cleaner for me for mother's day. To many of you this may seem like a ridiculous Mother's Day gift. The truth is, it is exactly what I wanted! I am not one who has ever wanted flowers, chocolates or jewelry. I like practical, useful things. Thank-you sweetheart for the AWESOME Mother's Day gift!

Yesterday he also gave me a gift of watching Nash and the Ockerman kids so I could go to dinner with some church friends. He was so good, he bought the kids pizza, and ice-cream. They flew kites, played with toys, and watched Shrek in 3D. Nash was so happy to have the Ockerman's over he wanted to go home with them. :)

The girls night out was fun, it was to celebrate Maria and Brook's birthday's. Neither one of them knew we were taking them out. Thank you Kristina for organizing the night for us.
She also made these WAY cute presents for Maria and Brook.
We had a hard time deciding where we wanted to eat and drove around for a while until we finally decided on an Italian restaurant which I can't remember the name of. My brain was a little cloudy at the time. BUT it was yummy!

(L to R Christina, Maria, Brook, Kristen and Kristina)
I am super thankful for these "sisters".
Kristina (orginally from Orem, UT) has been so sweet in calling me almost everyday this week to make sure I am okay with packing, taking care of Nash and feeling well. It is amazing how a little kindness can lift your spirits in so many ways.
Kristen (orginally from Las Vegas, NV) is a "resident wife" and thus understands when I complain about how hard it is not having a husband around. She is always willing to help out with Nash when I need a last minute babysitter. AND she is always up for ice-cream...YUM!
Maria (originally from Indiana) is my photography buddy. I love getting together with Maria and playing with PS and our cameras. She is an awesome mother who is pregnant with her 5th child AND home schools! She is always reminding me how important teaching our children is, but to also follow our own dreams as well.
Brook (originally from Idaho) is a genuine person through and through. She is the type of person that I would love to be. She is quiet and a bit mysterious ;) but someone that I find to be my true friend and that I LOVE being around. Plus she enjoys exercising like me. :)
One thing I have learned from moving around is there is always one consistent thing we can always count on: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Moving to Pennsylvania I was a little apprehensive because we wouldn't be just a day drive from our families anymore. We REALLY were on our own. I found peace in my heart knowing that we wouldn't be completely alone. Because we are members of the church we are not forgotten. It is easy to make friends with people that believe the same as you. I love all my friends here in PA but these ladies (and others not present) hold a dear place in my heart. I don't have to worry about fitting in, alcohol, vulgar language, or off colored jokes, or explaining my every action. It is easy to be ME when I am around them and that is what makes them special. We have a common bond of having a testimony of Jesus Christ and it is evident in our conversations that there is a level of respect for each other and the covenants we have made with our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for this SWEET BLESSING in my life. Thank you girls for being my "sister" in a crazy world.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

CathyCosby said...

Thank you for the compliment, I am so glad that you are surrounded by wonderful people.