Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tayton's Marine Party...

Our friend Tayton turned 6 in October. He had a fun little family (us and the Barnes...our PA family!) party at the Marine base.
Nash wasn't feeling so great that day...and actually ALL the kids were sick that day. :)
Captain Riley Ockerman was our guide. He let the kids climb in the humvee and other trucks (sorry Riley if I use the wrong terms!).
They all LOVED it!

We looked at the cannons from a distance.

In the rec room Riley had so many things for the kids to look and TRY...like the disgusting MRE's...although the kids didn't think so, they couldn't get enough! (now that was a simple party refreshment! hehe) Tayton even took some home with him...haha!
Olive tried on the back-pack.
It was a little heavy...
Pretty good size for Tayto too.

I liked this part. They showed us the guns and all the night vision gear, etc.
Riley even let Tayton hold one. I think he thought he was pretty cool dude...I am sure Tayton probably thought he was too...HAHA!
Then the marines demonstrated how they shoot in battle. One aims and shoots the gun while the other steadies and holds him down.
We lost the little ones at this point. This picture makes me laugh as you can see Tayton redirecting the kids to focus on his party!
When it was over the Marines were setting up a volleyball net. The kids that it was awesome to watch them scale the walls.
Thank you to these AWESOME Marines! Especially Riley for taking time out of his "busy" schedule to put it all together. WE ALL ENJOYED IT!
And of course behind every awesome Marine is an AMAZING woman! Thank you Brook for being so wonderful!
I know Stacia is going to kill me for putting this picture. She was supposed to be on "bed rest." After this party in the parking lot she found out that baby #4 would be delivered that night!
We then had 3 little special friends visit our home while Baby Carson was born.
Thanks Tayto and Carson for having a birthday!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Hahaha! I do hate that picture! Cute post! Thanks so much for coming and helping me out! What did I do with that Picture of my boys?? I'm glad you posted it!

Brook said...

Cute. I think Riley had as much fun as the kids. Seriously.