I don't think I have ever announced on this blog that we are expecting another baby! It came as a bit of a shock to me as I had just finished nursing Asa and we were getting settled into our new home. I felt a little sick and thought I had the flu, never did I think I was pregnant since I do not get morning sickness during my first trimester. Well I took a test on a whim and when Darin got home that night I gave him this sign and told him to go put this on Asa's crib....
The best part about it is he really started walking back to Asa's room while reading it.
I perk about Darin's fellowship is he is part of the ultrasound fellowship too so he is able to bring home one of the ultrasounds. Asa wasn't very happy about another baby coming into the family at this point and Nash was flat out mad about the gender.
Because Darin is the one that got find out that we will be expecting a little GIRL. What a scary thought. I have had a hard adjustment to it as well. Not that I don't want a girl. I just fully expected another boy and was happy with that since we have everything for a boy and I know how to raise boys...some what.
There are all the same issues with this pregnancy as there were with Asa. I have lupus and test positive for schogrens (sp) disease so the baby runs the risk of having congenital heart block. So they have been tracking my kidneys and whatever else comes with a billion doctors appointments. I am not a huge fan of the 24 hour urine sample... UGH!
The doctors appointments at GRU are awful one of my appointments took 5 hours. I am not always able to get a babysitter so Asa has to come with me and I have Nash go to lunch bunch after preschool just in case I am not done in time to pick him up. Life certainly does get more complicated with each child. But when you have moments like these....
Makes me happy we have been blessed with these beautiful children in our home.

No comments:
Post a Comment