Saturday, September 20, 2014

Cora Jane Willardson

After being admitted I then met all the nice resident doctors and Dr. Kelli Braun who was the doctor scheduled for that time.  My regular doctor was Dr. Duke.  She was nice but I was not so attached to her that I was happy to have Dr. Braun and the residents deliver me.  There was also a medical student that I am sure was scarred for life just by the look on his face during the delivery....talk about dear in the headlights.  He thanked me later and I asked him if he was going to be an OB.  He answered quickly NO! haha. 
At 1:30pm on Sunday, April 27th it was go time.  I was really super tired even with the nap I took during labor and honestly I thought that all deliveries were created equal since both my boys came out with ONE push. Boy was I wrong! After that first push there was no baby I was completely bewildered and reality set in that this was a BIG baby! I pushed hard for 1 hour.  Darin commented to someone later that he had never seen me so determined to do something as I was to get that baby out.  I am very pleasant during deliveries and I remember I kept thanking all the doctors and nurses for such a positive delivery. 
Cora Jane made her debut at 2:38pm 
They asked me if I wanted to hold her immediately after she was born...do people really do that? I asked them to clean her up first.  Does that make me a bad mother?

 Darin and I were shocked at how HUGE this child was 2 weeks early! Heavens what if I went the full 40 with her...UGH! 8 lbs 5 oz, 20 inches.



 There is no greater feeling then skin on skin with a newborn.  I did not get to do that with Asa until 3 weeks after he was born so this was so nice.
 
 I really did have wonderful nurses.  They were great coaches and made my stay so wonderful.
 Codi was driving back to Chattanooga after a fun trip to Charleston and made a detour in Augusta to meet baby Cora.  She was standing out in the hall during my whole delivery.  Honestly if my brain would have been functioning correctly I would have had her come in and be the photographer.  She is such a great friend and sister to me. I am so happy she was one of the first to meet miss Cora Jane. Thank you Codi!
 Please Notice Darin's shirt. He has worn this shirt with every one of our children's deliveries. He is a little superstitious I think.
 Darin was the photographer.  He did a great job.  The nurses commented on how they have never seen a dad be so thorough in taking pictures of their newborns.  He got some cute shots.  I feel bad that I didn't have the camera on a setting that he was familiar with.













Cora was a great nursing baby from the get go.  She slept well and was such a little sweet heart.  I as so nervous about having a little girl come into our family (to be honest I still am) but I have no doubts she was supposed to be part of our family and I can't wait to see what cute little personality she brings to our home.

3 comments:

Jannice said...

This is a wonderful history, in word and pictures. What a gift for your children. And then we get to enjoy it also. The pictures are great. we loved the one with Darin and Cora Jane.

Stacia said...

Darin did a great job with the pictures! Cora is perfect!!!

Kristin said...

What fantastic pictures. I've never seen a picture like that with the stuff all over the baby or the umbilical cord. Since I never had that experience, it is cool to see those images.