Well the dreaded day has finally come.... Darin took off for Michigan this morning. Now it is just the two of us! It was really hard saying goodbye to Darin, but we are so proud of him. Way to go on making it to your 4th and final year of medical school!!! Darin will be in Michigan and Pennsylvania until September. He will be doing rotations in ER. These rotations are important because one of them could be where he will do his residency. So we may be moving to the east next year. CRAZY!!! I can't believe we are already looking into residency! WAY TO GO DARIN!!! WE MADE IT! (yes it was a joint effort...hehe...he needed a sugar mama to make the money...why do you think he married me a week before he started med school!)Nash and I are hoping to go visit him in August, in his second Michigan rotation. However in the mean time we will be enjoying the California heat (over 100 degrees today!), and then we hope to take a trip to Utah in a couple of weeks to visit the family.
Tuesday, was a fun day, Nash and I took a trip to Mulberry Early Development Center where I had been teaching an autistic pre-school class. We were able to attend the graduation of the majority of my students. It was so fun to see my students faces when they saw me and I had a baby. Many of them didn't know what happened to me...they would poke my belly and then point to Nash and say "baby!" This was one of my favorite classes to teach! Each one of the students had unique personalities that made the class so much fun!! I will miss all the students and my 4 wonderful assistants! They were awesome and made going to work worth it!

We were able to take these pictures before Darin left on his trip today. Not the most flattering but it was fun anyway! Good luck Darin!!! We love and miss you!!!
6 comments:
As soon as I read your post, I asked James if he was going to have to do the same thing because I've never heard of that. He told me it depends on where you go to school and where you want to do your residency. I'm impressed that you can be without Darin for so long, but I'm glad that you're going to Blanding for a littl while. Say hello to your parents for me!
Christina
What a neat post, and I'm happy to see pictures of you smiling! You look so good, and so happy to be a mommy! I will keep you and Darin in my prayers and I will also pray for the time to go by quickly for you. I hope I will get to see you when you come to Utah. Remember, my door is always open!
I want you to know that you have BEEN "TAGGED". Read my blog and you will understand.
Kiss my great nephew!
Love ya
Aunt Jo
Chris, you are so brave. I loved your post. You look fabulous! I love your hair! You have a very cute family, I loved all of your pictures. I am glad you were able to go see your school kids at their graduation. Keep posting, I love to hear what is going on with you. Take care, I will keep in touch.
He's such a cute little bug!! Let me know if you need any help while Darrin's gone. Heaven knows I'm not leaving my air-conditioned apartment this summer.
Cute!! I love this blog thing. I enjoy seeing everyone's pics. Nash is so cute, and so is your little family! I hope to see you two when u visit Utah!
Here's the rules:
Copy and paste these instructions. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post the player then tags 4 people and posts their names. Go to their blog and leave them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answers.
#1: WHAT WAS I DOING TEN YEARS AGO?
Hmmm.. 10 years ago for me, I was 16. MY GOODNESS! Can I say what I was doing without getting in trouble? Is this a trick question?
Ok... I just got my driver's license, and was driving the Saturn. Fun little car it was.
Um.. I was in 10th grade, and not thinking I needed to attend much of class.
If I only new how easy that time was! Can't remember where I was working. Somewhere between Fast Gas and Salem Chevron. Hadn't met my love, Shawn yet!
#2 WHAT ARE 5 THINGS ON MY "TO DO" LIST TODAY?
Well definitely yard selling at 7am with my momma.
Working on reunion stuff.
Playing with the kiddies.
Playing Halo3 on Xbox Live.
Playing outside
#3: SNACKS I ENJOY:
Oh my! Anything with sugar! Right now my FAVE is an Oreo McFlurry, which I have once a day (seriously).
#4: THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WAS A BILLIONAIRE:
Buy a tropical island so when it's winter in Utah, I can live there.
Buy my kids ANYTHING they wanted.
Get a boob job.
Spoil Shawn (part of the boob job lol).
#5: PLACES I HAVE LIVED:
Shawn and I have moved 14 times in the 8 years we've been together. So uh.. I'll sum it up with the cities that the moves have been in:
Salem
Spanish Fork
Springville
St. George
Richfield
Elsinore
Santaquin
Payson, down the road from Gumma Jo (current)
I am tagging:
My mom
Christina
Tiffany
Ashley
Post a Comment