Monday, November 10, 2008

Our Invention! (maybe)

Here at my moms house there is always a project going on. My mom is very talented and she often tries to teach me how to sew...or rather she starts to teach me then ends up finishing it for lack of patients! (How do you think I always won the 4H sewing blue ribbons at the county fair...it certainly wasn't my sewing or modeling skills...sorry Jeanine and Bethany....the truth comes out!)

This time around she has decided to finish all my Christmas projects which include my homemade Christmas presents for family and friends, Nash's Christmas stocking, and a Christmas wall hanging for my house....while I play with Nash and take pictures....I LOVE MY MOM! (BTW no doubt about it she will complete all of these projects within a week...all the Christmas presents are done and it is only MONDAY!)


Anyway, so you all have heard me complain about Nash and his crazy hands! Sure he inherited this trait from me...my hands and feet never stop moving even when I am asleep. (when we were kids Brooke (cousin) didn't want to sleep in the same bed with me because my feet wandered!) When I got to Blanding I decided I was going to stop swaddling Nash...I tried it for 2 WEEKS! Lets just say I became a zombie because of it! His wild arms kept him and me up all night long! (hence the ogre picture) I tried closing his door and my door as well as turning off the monitor so he could cry himself to sleep. No luck....This child will cry forever! So I went back to the Don Jose Burrito Baby Swaddle (see former post) so I could get some sleep...NOPE he is too strong, busted right out...we invested in the Kiddopotamus...TRY AGAIN the material was too stretchy he could worm his arms to the top and wake himself right up! SO being the mean mommy that I am, and having a talented sewing mother we invented the NASHAROO STRAIGHT JACKET!!!! (at least I think we invented it??)
This thing is awesome and he sleeps wonderfully with only maybe 1-2 wake ups in the night, compared to the 10-50! (hehe) The arm holders are large enough for him to bend his arm comfortably, but he cannot pull them out to reach his face. At first he resisted, as anyone would when their freedom is taken away, but now look at him ...HAPPY BABY! (equals HAPPY MOMMY!) Once again I LOVE MY MOTHER! So to all of you that may think I am cruel...think what you want....I am getting some sleep! ZZZZZzzzzzzz!!!

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

Way to go!!!! My advice.. patent!!! I know all (not all) about them too, I have been working on a thing for a while and blah.. you should seriously patent it and sell it. There is a government site that you go to to search for similar items such as the kiddopotamus and see what might be out there like it. DO IT!

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Funny! I am glad this has helped and you are getting some sleep. You should follow Jeanine's advice and see if someone has already invented it, and see about getting a patent.

Anonymous said...

I say awesome, and if you DO patend this.. you absolutely HAVE to name it the Nasheroo. That is PERFECT for a baby product name!!! Can't you just hear people saying it? "I'm going to try the Nasheroo, I hear it's awesome.." "Go buy a Nasheroo, it's great!"

Ginger said...

Awesome. I say anything that helps baby and mother sleep is worth the effort. I may be calling you in a few months.