Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Darin!

Darin turned the BIG 30 today! I have been thinking about this birthday for a long time and I have wanted to do something fun for him to celebrate his OVER THE HILL AGE. ;) However, the past 3 weeks we have had a heck of a time staying healthy. First, Darin got pink eye in his right eye and then it spread to the left. He also came down with a cold...I loved his pediatric rotation because of the schedule but I was so happy to see it go because of all the viruses that he would contract and bring home! Nash became really sick too, this is the first time he has ever been sick. We have been really lucky in that department. He ran a fever of 102-103 for a couple of days, and had a REALLY stuffy nose...last night we finally saw a glimpse of a tooth breaking through. I finally got Darin and Nash better, and then I contracted the cold that turned into a HUGE sinus infection...yeah... Needless to say Darin's birthday celebration has been put on hold.
We are so grateful for Darin and his hard work. He is the best Dad and helps out so much around the house with Nash and other responsibilities. Nash loves him so much and lights up when he walks into the room...as do I! I remember hearing my friends talk about how they love to watch the interaction of their husbands and kids, I now understand that. Darin seriously thinks like a kid sometimes, it makes me laugh. Yesterday, I commented on how fun it is to see how everything is a new experience for Nash. Later, I heard Darin say to Nash "you think this is cool wait until I show you glow sticks!" haha...I thought that was cute and so Darin. He loves to have fun, and really doesn't care what others think of him. I learn something new from Darin everyday, and realize why he was placed in my path. He is very intelligent and has the biggest heart. I know he will make a great doctor and I am not surprised that he got into his #1 residency choice. He has great work ethics and is a friend/peacemaker where ever he goes. To many he seems serious but the Darin deep inside is a kid at heart. Darin would go to Disneyland or Six Flags everyday if I would let him. I look forward to the day when Nash is old enough to go on those scary roller coasters so I don't have to anymore. Darin doesn't say much... I do that enough for the both of us, he is a great listener and truly a one of a kind person. I could go on and on about the great person Darin is. I love him so much and want to wish him a GIGANTIC HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

7 comments:

Randy & JoAnna said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARIN DEAR,
HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR.
IF I HAD ONE WISH THAT IT WOULD BE...
A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME!!!

(Think primary songs)

Happy Birthday Darin. I don't know about you, but when I turned 30 it really bothered me....40 didn't, we'll see about 50! Hope you have a good day....no coughs, colds, sore holes, fits, farts or freckles to mess it up!!!
Love your guts!

Andy & Alicia said...

Tell Darin Happy Birthday. He seems and looks so nice. I guess I should meet him someday. :)

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Happy Birthday Darin! Hope that you had a really good birthday. Remember Chris, I was there the night you met Darin, except for I got soo sick! Anyways, I am glad you have such a wonderful husband! Oh and by the way, if turning 30 means going over the hill, we're all in big trouble!!!

LaRue Country Living said...

Happy Birthday Darin! I know Christina will think of something awesome----get better soon :) I always hate when babies get sick. But at least he has a tooth!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday yesterday!!

CathyCosby said...

Happy Birthday, and we to know that Darin was placed in Christina path, we are so grateful to him for loving Chris and giving us little Nash. We love you so much.

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, Man, I haven't checked on you for a while. Looks like I missed some fun.
Are you gettin ready to move across america, that is sort of sad to think. Even tho I didn't see you in Cali and that is sad too.
So I will try and call you this week
love you.
brookie