Friday, February 6, 2009

MONDAY - MONDAY!!

Monday, February 9th just isn't coming quick enough for our family...okay for me that is! This is the big day we find out where we will be living for the next 4 years as Darin does his residency. This past year was spent doing audition rotations and interviews in potential residency programs, and now it comes down to the day of the match....dun dun dun! About a month ago Darin submitted a list where he ranked his top DO residencies, all the DO residency programs as well submit a list of their top residents. If both lists match that is where you go. If he doesn't match in the DO match he has a chance in the MD match as well and if no luck there we scramble for a place. However, I don't think we will get to the last option...I hope! Not surprising my fingernails are gone from my nervous chewing and crazy Darin has come down with a terrible case of PINK EYE!
This is Darin putting on his anticipation face...basically he is humoring me.



Poor guy! Actually his eye is looking pretty good. Hopefully he will be in tip top shape for the big email reading on Monday or else I will have to take matters in my own hands, and read it for him!

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!

5 comments:

Jeanine said...

AHHHH- Now I am in suspension too! I am not good at waiting for things, and something as big as this is hard to wait for. I hope you get where you want to go. Darrin is so good I am sure he is a pick for lots of places. Make sure to post as soon as you know, don't make us all wait in anticipation either:)

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Well that day is almost here! Hang in there. It would be crazy having to wait to know where you will be living for the next four year. I know the suspense would be killing me too! Looking at those pictures of Darin just made my eyes burn. I got pink eye a few days before my wedding, both of my eyes, they were so bad. Then Aaron woke up the next morning after our wedding with pink eye. I am soooo glad it waited till after our wedding!

The Willardson Family said...

We can't wait to find out where you're going too. We want to come and visit!

CathyCosby said...

Poor Darin, I am sorry your eye is so bad, I hope that daughter of mine is taking good care of you.

Brooke said...

eww darin that is just gross. geece, don't you take a bath! Sorry!
That was mean. You do take a bath.
brookie
oh... Pennsylvania huh! Awesome. Good Job Guys I am proud of ya