Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Emmaus Home....

I have had some requests to post pictures of our home since we moved in so here it is...

Before Darin's parents returned to Utah they took us flower shopping, and we were able to pick out these beautiful hanging baskets for our porch. I have been so good at keeping them alive. I even saved them from a crazy rain/hail storm that started pelting them. That storm was so crazy it uprooted many HUGE trees in the area. Thanks Mom and Dad W.

This is the front living room. Our TV is now for movies only. We get no channels here and we are too cheap to pay for it. I miss my shows especially SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE...I will have to buy the season. It is amazing how much time we spend as a family with out having a TV. Kind of nice!
The reading room.
Dining room. I have a lot of Nash's toys in this room, it is right off the kitchen so while I make dinner I can see him play. Although he mostly plays on the stairs.
This kitchen seriously is the perfect size. It isn't massive or overwhelming to keep clean. The bottom cupboards are awesome because the shelves are on rollers so it is easy to get to things way in the back.
This is our favorite room of the house. Often I will lose Nash and find him in the sun room playing with his toys or just looking out the window. There is a window from this room into the kitchen so I can see Nash while he plays. SO CONVENIENT!
The Doctors office. Darin cracks me up. He always wants a study area and yes I am all for him having an area but it tends to be a junk collector rather than a study area. Before we moved in we had the great idea of making the VERY LARGE closet into his office. It worked out great! He loves his office and occasionally I will find him in there studying.

This last picture is the dorm room. This is a random room that we hang out in. It is the only room in the house at the moment with A/C...thus the reason we hang out here.

I will post Nash's room later. Our landlord is a little anal about things. He has requested that he be the one that hangs our things on the walls. So I have to do it on his time. Kind of weird, although it is nice having him do it, then I don't fret on getting it perfect. I just realize it won't be because a man did it! haha. We love our house so much. It is very comfortable and close to the Emmaus pool, a small pond, running trail, and a couple parks. It has a very small town feeling, I don't know how you couldn't feel at home here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your house Chris!!! You decorated it sooo cute!! I want one! lol.. someday. someday. So so great, I LOVE the sunroom! How fun for you guys!

Kim said...

Cute Cute house Christina. I love the hanging flower pots too.

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Sooo jealous of your new house!!! It looks awesome! I can't wait until I have a little extra space. I'm so happy for you to have this house. Hope you guys are enjoying it in Pennsylvania.

Andrews Family said...

Your house looks perfect...I bet you just LOVE it! I mean who has so much space that they have a reading room, a dorm room, a doctor's office, & a sun room??? LUCKY!!! Your swing goes great in that sun room & I also love the hanging flowers. Looks like you scored with the house!!!

Brett + Kristin said...

Wow - your house looks so beautiful!! I LOVE it! I love those beautfiul flower baskets on your porch too - great job on all your decor. The best part is Darin's office - hilarious!

Jenae said...

WoW! Your house is really spacious and updated! I've driven past MANY times and never realized how nice it really is! So glad you found something like this right off the bat. It's hard to find houses with character that are still well=kept and updated (at least rentals). And I LOVE that you live so close! I'm glad you love Emmaus. I do too. Can't wait to get home and spend more time with you! :)

Elaine/Kent said...

What a cozy little house! We really will have to come and see you sometime!