Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jacobsburg State Park

I mentioned before that Nash and I belong to a meet-up club called Club Mom. This has been a great blessing for us in meeting people as well as getting to know the area. This month one of my friends Jenae from Club Mom started a new meet-up club for families called South Mountain Family Adventures. We are always looking for fun things to do as a family, especially on the weekends so we decided to join, and invited some of our church friends to join as well. This past weekend Darin had to work so Nash and I joined the group at Jacobsburg State Park for nice little walk.
My friend Jenae took all of these pictures.
Yes, we did get rid of the Binky but Nash still has some sensory processing issues with certain movements. He is not a fan of the backpack so I needed to give him something to distract him. He did so good. He does not like hats so I solved that problem with the headband...haha...at least his ears stayed warm!
Nash was happy to see his friends riding in backpacks too. Although, I was the only mom who was packing a child. It was great exercise.
It was a bit cold but a very GORGEOUS day!
The kids found a patch of ice to ice-skate on.


We are really excited about this group. I think what I like most about it is the majority of our good friends from Club Mom and church are all in it together, so we get to hang out more with such fun friends, as well as meet new families in the area.

4 comments:

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Sounds like a fun time. You are the woman for packing Nash around the whole time!! Course you and your ten mile runs have certainly gotten you in shape to do it.

beck said...

you do o many fun things. it makes me less nervous to move seeing that you have found friends and are always keeping busy

Jeanine said...

K, I am so glad that I am not the only one that gets the look around when I say I am so tired I cleaned all day! :)

Chelle said...

Wow! That looks SO FUN!!! Can we join?? =0) You're such a good mom!