Christmas Eve Dinner was disrupted by sickness so we were unable to have our traditional Sushi dinner. So we decided to put it on the calendar of our Family Meetup Group. It was a fun night with some new and old friends.

Brain got all dressed up for the occasion, bow-tie, sports jacket and shocker pen!

Darin and Nick wanted to see if you could feel the shock current if they all held hands. Poor Kristen was in the middle.
We had a TON of food. Everyone brought 2 things to share. Darin and I made crab wantons (thanks Becky for the recipe), Tonkatsu and rice.

I made a trip to the dollar store (I love that place!) picked up some decorations and printed out our names in Japanese.

This is the night before our weight-loss challenge weigh in so I needed to take a picture of why I was going to be heavier the next day! :) Oh but it was so worth it....YUM YUM!

After dinner we chatted and played a terrible game of "battle of the sexes." Honestly who makes up these dumb questions, the girls lost terribly!
Jenae and Brian
It was a fun and successful night. I am so happy we put it on the meet-up calendar. It is great meeting new people, and eating yummy food! Not to mention, Nash was sound asleep upstairs. Sooo we were free to enjoy our company that much more.
5 comments:
How fun! You guys are party animals! We are so excited for you guys to come and party with us! We'll be seeing you so soon!
Fun! Although, I don't know about the sushi, I love the bow tie.
This is hilarious! I'm so glad you posted it ... you summed the night up perfectly. I still can't believe I'm married to a man who wears a bow tie and carries a shocker pen. hmmmmm
you guys always do such fun things! glad you could enjoy the wontons. they sound super good, maybe that will be dinner one night this week. and i like your new blog background.
OHHH that looks SO yummy! Looks like you guys are having a blast with all your new friends. That's great there's so many fun families nearby!
Post a Comment