The walk back to our car was full of embarrassed laughter. All of us were so happy more people didn't come with us. Although maybe someone would have stepped up and told us what it was about and saved us 60 bucks!
Sunday, September 4, 2011
NYC Girls Day...
Baby boy #4 is very close to arriving at the Smith residence. SO it was a must that we take a trip to NYC before she is tied down to a newborn and 3 other little ones. There were many who said they wanted to come with us but when it came down to the date and time Codi, Stacia and I were the only ones able to go. However that was probably a GOOD thing, as I will explain later.
First on our list was of course Serendipity. On the way there Stacia mentioned a cupcake shop her friend told her about that you say a secret word given out in an email and you get a free cupcake. Lucky for us we were walking right by the place and her friend had just text us the secret word..."WIPEOUT".
The cupcakes were pretty good. Little too sweet for me but yum yum!
Then we arrived at Serendipity for a FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE...and yes it was everything we dream of and will ALWAYS make the top of the list for stops in NYC!
We made our way to TKTS on Time Square to by tickets to a broadway show. We didn't know what we wanted to see and yes there were many options such as Mama Mia, Memphis, Phantom of the Opera, Jersey Boys, etc. Our first choice was Mama Mia and then we thought HAIRSPRAY would be awesome. When we got to the booth they said Mama Mia was $20 more then HAIR. So we said let's see HAIR thinking it was still HAIRSPRAY! (more on that topic later.)

The next few pictures make me laugh! Actually the whole trip makes me crack up! As we started to walk towards Ground Zero we saw this guy selling Obama Condoms.
The guy wanted $5 for one packet of condoms. We bartered with him and offered $3 for 1 and he said "FINE 2 for $5!" haha.

After a good laugh we made our way to a more solemn area. It will be 10 years this year since 9/11/01. There certainly is progress on the new buildings. There is a little church across the street that was rest house for all the service men helping on that day. Now it stands as a memorial. My eyes teared up a bit walking through and looking at the memorabilia.
This picture chocked me up. Whether it was staged I don't know, and I really don't care, I think it depicts that horrible day perfectly.
We decided to eat at Olive Garden...yes we are in NYC and we ate at the Olive Garden! But oh was it so good! After, we speedily went to our HAIRSPRAY show. We realized that it wasn't Hairspray when we sat down in the theater but we still had NO CLUE what HAIR would be about. OH HOW I WISH WE WOULD HAVE PAID THE EXTRA $20. For those of you who do not know what Hair is about, let's just say it is NOT a show 3 good Mormon girls should be seeing! ...or any person for that matter! We all started shrinking into our seats as the play progressed, hiding behind our programs in total dismay and embarrassment! At our first chance to escape (and it should have been earlier!) we ran for the street!
(Who knows who the guy in the above picture is. He totally photo-bombed our picture!)
The walk back to our car was full of embarrassed laughter. All of us were so happy more people didn't come with us. Although maybe someone would have stepped up and told us what it was about and saved us 60 bucks!

All in all I LOVE these 2 girls and I am so happy they moved to Pennsylvania! Our husbands are gone so much with work and I have relied heavily on the support of these ladies. They have lifted my heart more times then I can count. Thank-you Stacia and Codi for everything you do for my family and I.
The walk back to our car was full of embarrassed laughter. All of us were so happy more people didn't come with us. Although maybe someone would have stepped up and told us what it was about and saved us 60 bucks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are so dumb!! But I love us and like you said probably good we didn't drag anyone else along and corrupt them! So Fun! Thanks for enduring my need to do crazy things before lock down mode sets in! Oh and a BIG THANKS for not posting the cupcake picture of me!
Seeing "Hair",omg seriously one of the funniest stories ever. Definitely something to laugh about for years to come! :)
Hair! I haven't a clue. Sounds like you had a great time with a real adventure.
when you told me that you went to Hair I busted out...even when I was in high school I loved the songs and some even now. BUT I don't want my daughter to see it...lol...good experience/
Post a Comment