Our friends the Ockerman's invited us on a hike Christmas Eve morning. Darin worked late the night before so I really didn't think we would actually go. So I got up in the morning and ran 4 miles. When I got home I asked Darin if he still wanted to go hiking he said "SURE". Now something about my husband is if he thinks I want to do something he will answer "SURE" even when he doesn't. Sometimes it drives me crazy because I only ask to make sure we are doing what he wants to do. :) Although it is nice to have him trying to keep me happy! hehe
The hike turned out to be fun and frustrating all at the same time. It was a 3 mile hike and the majority of it was uphill. I can do uphill unless I am carrying a whiny little boy which is what Darin and I did most of the time. (mostly Darin) Now down hill is a different story with my knees and I think I almost face planted on my own several times. It is amazing how your body changes after being a few months pregnant. I kept thinking about the time we ran this loop with the Ockerman's a year or so ago....oh how I dislike getting old!
I forgot my camera so I am happy that Brook snapped some of our family! Thanks Brook!

Nash was happy once he found a walking stick/poke mom/dad in the eye stick! However when we got to the top, Sandy the dog came running out of no where and took grabbed it out of Nash's hands. It was the funniest thing ever...Nash didn't think so!

I like this next picture because it reminds me of our dogs Lindy and Bug. I loved watching Lindy run as fast as she could and Bug "trying" to catch up flipping in the air and tumbling every time she hit a bump. (she was a tea-cup chihuahua)

The kids all wanted to sit on the ski lift. Look how small Nash looks.

Darin wanted a ride too. I would like to say that his arms out-stretched were for me...BUT it was actually for Riley.

I did finally join him. :)

AND then I couldn't get off!


The Laubert family came along too. They took a "longer" route down then we did. Somehow they beat us. Then we found out they just walked straight down the ski hill...smart although I know I would have fallen flat on my face FOR SURE!

It really was a pretty day for a hike! Thanks Ockerman's for inviting us.
1 comment:
where is all your snow Mom
Post a Comment