Friday, November 2, 2012

Asa's Baby Blessing...

While we were in Denver and had the family together we decided to have Asa's baby blessing.  For those of you who read our blog and do not know what this is you can learn about it HERE. Darin performed the ordinance and gave Asa the name ASA COSBY WILLARDSON to be known on the records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  The blessing was very sweet and Asa was a good boy during it, besides the fact I almost dropped him handing him over to Darin...good one mom! The men who stood in the circle: Darin, Grandad Cosby, Grandpa Willardson, Uncle Troy, Uncle Trevor, and Troy's Bishop.

 (yes I did make myself look skinnier...hey it is my blog I can look as good as I want! haha)
 Check out Asa's face.  He is totally smiling for the camera!  Thank you everyone who came.
(Back row L to R) Rachel, Trevor, Tonya, Troy, Alex, Nathan, Darin, Christina, Jannice, JD, Sasha, Dennis.  (Middle L to R) TJ, Taeya, Saebra, Carly Asa, Eli.  (Front L to R) Olivia, Halle, Zachary, Natasha, Jake, Nash.
 We had the oldest grand-son (18 years old) and the youngest grand-son (5 months) there.  Alex leaves for the Navy in January.
Jake and Nash - Two peas in a pod.
 My mom and dad traveled by train to Denver.  We are so happy they made the trip up! When I was pregnant we told my dad the baby would be named after him.  We asked him what the middle name should be Dennis or Cosby.  He said he would wait to see what the first name would be.  In the end we gave Asa the name Cosby because that is my middle name as well.  My dad did not want me to have a middle name so when I got married I would keep his name too.  

Fun facts about our little family:
Jon Darin  born 2/19 
Christina Cosby  born 8/23
Nash Darin  born 5/23
Asa Cosby  born 5/19
(Do you see the trend of the birthdays.)

  We have wonderful parents that have helped us every step of our marriage.  I hope someday we can repay their kindness in helping us better our lives.  Thank you so much for everything, we love you guys!

 I feel pretty blessed to have such a beautiful family.  I think all the time about how Darin and I came together.  There were so many things that could have changed that New Years night.  I know that we were guided to one another by a loving Heavenly Father.  How great it is to know we have a Forever Family.

No comments: