Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sunset Hike at Bake Oven Knob

This past Saturday was a big day! Darin had worked the night shift and I was battling the stomach bug. Although those things didn't keep us from our Saturday fun. I ran my first 10k (6.21 miles) race in the morning and did okay, for how I was feeling. I finished at 53:25 and took 6th out of 15 runners in my age group (20-29) and 39th out of 116 runners. Before Saturday my goal was to finish under 50 minutes but on the day of the race I felt so blah my goal changed to just finishing and being proud of what I did. I am grateful for Brook and pushing me like crazy that morning...that is what I call an awesome friend, someone who will push you until you need to puke! haha. ;) It was a great experience.
When I got home it was nap time for Nash and ALL of us slept for the rest of the afternoon and then some, we were all exhausted. When we woke up it was time for a sunset hike with our family group. We so wanted to bail out but realized it was a chance to get some fresh air and spend some quality time as a family, which is very limited these days with Darin's schedule. So we made the effort and we are glad that we did.

The Hendershot family, Dowling's, Aaron and Emory and Holtzhafer clan joined in on the fun.


This was a fun little hike. Some climbing up boulders and a pretty view at the end. Darin packed Nash in on his back.
Maria H. is pregnant with her 5th child, so I volunteered to carry all of her families luggage just so she could concentrate on the trail and her kids. I think I was referred to as a "water mule," but I prefer "pack horse," because who really wants to be a mule?! ;)






Darin and I were pretty exhausted and not feeling so great, but the family time we experienced was priceless. We were pretty happy to see our bed that night and the next day was not so pleasant with a lot of rest and recuperation before Darin was off again to work.

2 comments:

Jannice said...

Christina I can not tell you how happy I am to be able to enjoy your family life through your pictures. I love the different events of your family. Its so fun to be apart of your activites. You have done so much to help Nash with his developing. The play rooms are wondeful, I love them. You are sure putting time into an area that will give you eternal rewards, your family. You are such a wonderful wife and mother. I'm so grateful you're a part of our family.
Love Mom

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

I love that pic of you and Darin! It is so cute! What a cute couple!