Thursday, February 17, 2011

Girls Day In New York City...

January was probably one of the WORST months for us. Life was so busy with MANY disappointments. For my friends we had been so busy with New Beginnings for YW's that we were exhausted/frustrated and ready to get away from it all! So when my friend Stacia suggested we take a trip into NYC we jumped all over it. The only catch was Darin had to work...story of our lives these days! Taylor (Stacia's husband) graciously offered to watch Nash for me. I am not much on other people watching Nash for long periods of time, but I really wanted to go and so I took him up on his offer. Thank you so much Taylor!!
The crew: (top) Stacia Smith, Codi Barnes, Brook Ockerman and Lynette Wills (Erica Winter's SIL).
We really didn't have a plan besides see a Matinee Broadway Show.
After we bought our tickets we walked around a few shops and took in the city life a bit. It was a very simple day but so nice to be out.
We had fun goofing off!
I kind of like this coffee table in Anthropology.
We ended up seeing Mary Poppins. Which was AWESOME! The set was incredible and the music way fun!


I am very grateful for these ladies. They have been GREAT friends to me this past year. I am so looking forward to our next day out!

2 comments:

Codi said...

I really can't believe that you put that picture of us on here! LOL

Alyson said...

So fun that you all could get a good fun break! And without kids, even better. :)