Back in November our stake was scheduled for a meeting in the 7th floor of the temple which is a big open room. Not as big as the LA temple but just as pretty if not prettier. Darin really wanted to go but I was a little hesitant because I knew Darin would be just getting off of a 30 hour shift. I set up a babysitter...thank you Kristen! And then I just waited for Darin to get home, and figured he would say "I am too tired we will go next time." NOPE my husband came home and said "okay let's go!" AND he drove us all the way there and all the way back! ...WHAT A MAN! :)
We made it just in time for the meeting. The temple had 6 stakes there that day so there were people EVERYWHERE! The sessions were all filled. There wasn't enough workers to do initiatory's or sealing's. So after the 20 minute meeting on the 7th floor we were done and ready to head home. I really didn't feel bad about it, because it just felt nice sitting in the temple with Darin. I felt we made a sacrifice to get there and I was glad we went.
After the temple we joined the Ockerman and Laubert family for dinner. We couldn't find the restaurant where others were meeting but decided to go to "California Tortilla." It was ummm interesting. :)I hope we can make some time in the next couple of months to go to the temple again...and actually do some work!
No comments:
Post a Comment