Monday, May 2, 2011

NYC: Nate Berkus Show

Okay so the real reason for the trip was to attend the Nate Berkus Show. Codi loves Nate and watches him daily. To be honest I had NO CLUE who he was until I saw him in person. Stacia set it all up as she is now pregnant with baby boy #4 and realizes that her life is about to be confined to a newborn and 3 adorable boys! AND who wouldn't want an excuse to hang out with your friends in NYC...
Our taxi cab experience going to the show was exciting as you can see.
Nate likes his audience to be dressed in BRIGHT colors, which I think is A LOT to ask of the people of NYC. If you haven't been to this city I am here to tell you it is the capital of BLACK, if you wear bright colors you stick out like a sore thumb! According to Nate Berkus color is better and looks better on camera. :)
This show was centered around the color pink. They had some fashion make overs using the color pink, then Nate decorated a baby girl nursery for a family expecting their third child. And finally the special guest on the show was Molly Ringwald...You know from Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, and Sixteen Candles. She is turning 40 and wrote a book titled Getting the Pretty Back, which Nate so kindly gave us all a copy of with a copy of the movie Pretty in Pink as well.

The camera man saw our sorry attempt to take a picture of ourselves and offered to take this one...

My face hurt so bad after the show from smiling so much! So much is expected of you when you might be on camera! ;)
I am so grateful for Stacia and Codi they have become such good friends to me. This trip could not have come at a better time as I needed to leave my house so badly and get my mind off of the recent stresses. Thank you Stacia and Codi for including me in your NYC trip and for lifting my spirits. YOU GUYS ROCK! :)
DISCLAIMER: I brought my D80 and kit lens on this trip and all the pictures are blurry. Sorry about that, must of had the settings wrong. :) I rarely use that camera so I don't know what I am doing with it anymore.

2 comments:

Francom Family said...

I love reading all your posts about your NYC trip. This looked like so much fun. I sometimes think about how fun it would be to go on one of these kinds of shows, I have never thought about the work that goes into it;).

Stacia said...

I don't know how I missed this post! I have been waiting so I could steal your pictures... I didn't want to bug you because I'm known as the crazy blogger person so I have been patiently waiting for this post. Hahahahaha! I will be using this pictures shortly! Hope that's okay! Thanks :)