Thursday, July 5, 2012

Good-bye Barnes Family...

I am so not a fan of good-byes.  I had been dreading the day we would say good-bye to the Barnes family for months.  Codi had become one of my greatest friends over the past 2 years.  She is originally from Orem, Utah and went to school with Darin's brother Trevor.  I have to admit the first time I met Codi, I was sure I didn't like her. (lol)  I sent a text to Stacia that day saying so.  Boy, am I happy I didn't stick with that snooty attitude!  I am going to miss our early morning runs, pregnant work-outs, trips to NYC, Olive Garden lunches, and park play dates with the kids.  Codi was my go to person for everything, she babysat, gave rides, cooked meals, fixed Halloween costumes, sewed dragon tails, etc.  But most of all she was my friend and showed my family love and kindness!  Thank you Codi!
Nash misses the Barnes girls very much.  He talks a lot about them.  When I asked him what he remembered about each of the girls this is what he said:
"Iris is nice, she play with me." -this is so true.  Iris is one of the sweetest little girls, she would really try to help Nash in whatever they were playing.
"Willa, bossy pants!" -this made me laugh.  I love Willa because she knows EXACTLY what she wants and she isn't afraid to tell you. LOL
"Oli my friend. I miss her."  -Nash asks about Olive all the time.  I think Nash started calling Olive "Oli" because Olive always thought he called her "Owl." haha

I think we are a little lost right now with out the Barnes family.  We miss them a ton!  Good luck in Chattanooga, Tennessee!


No comments: