So the moodiness continued on through out the day so I was tempted to postpone Halloween...and yes I can do that because I'M THE MOM! However after a good nap, our sweet boy returned and I put his Smarties costume on only to make him angry...again! Moodiness and all we hopped in the car and caught up to Koen and Sadie trick or treating at my dad's shop. This was Nash's only stop considering he thought his costume was edible and began to eat it...he was starving! AND lets just face it, if we had gone to any other house the candy would have come home to feed my mouth...not a good thing! The rest of the night Nash helped Granny hand out candy in his Long John Cowboy outfit which ended up being his favorite choice. Moral of the story...keep the Halloween costume simple for a HAPPY BABY and a HAPPY MOMMY!
We missed you Darin! Hope your Halloween was just as sweet!
The climax of the whole night was when my mom opened the door to a HUGE GORILLA costume. It didn't just say "trick or treat" it actually began screaming and chasing her up our stairs. She was screaming and running as fast as she could....HILARIOUS! (it was Kirk Black). One year when we were kids, 3 HUGE GORILLAS came to our house and sat in our living room saying nothing, and then left with out a word...some Blanding psychopaths! (we still do not know who it was) SOoooo I think my mom is a little jumpy when it comes to over sized apes!
5 comments:
First, I hate how you have me addicted to this blogging thing. It's pathetic. Oh well-I agree with the costume being easier means happy baby-happy mommy. Kenzie did not like her outfit that much either but oh well. I'll give you a call later this week to see how your doing.
Oh that is so funny!!! I laughed so hard at the gorilla story!!! I can picture that all too well in my mind! I'd have to say I would agree with your mom, I would be sooo over gorillas as well! (That is just freaky!) Nash looks cute in his costume with his cousins, even if he didn't like it.
The shrek costume is so cute! I love it. I put Sadie in a chili pepper last year and took her to one house as NIck and I took our nightly walk. She didn't mind but was asleep by the time we walked back. So I was thinking of coming to Blanding this next week with my parents but then they announced yesterday that they are splitting our ward and I really want to be here to see how it ends up and who is our new bishop etc. So I'm not coming. I was excited because I wanted you do to picts of Sadie. Dang. I love the gorilla story though. In fact I swear I remember the gorillas coming to our house too only they didn't come in they just wouldn't say anything. And I was super mad about them not talking or taking of the masks and I don't think it was halloween either. hum.. blandings weird.
HE IS SO STINKIN CUTE!I love the shrek thing too! It is hilarious that he looks so upset! HA HA! What a cute little stinker! Thanks again for doing our pictures and cards i love them! I made my blog private and I think I added your correct e-mail address, let me know if I didn't!
He is so cute! I also love the shrek costume! I'm glad that you got to see my brother and the kids on Halloween...I wish we could have come too..all well. I'm glad that you had a pretty good first halloween. I love the Gorilla story!!
Post a Comment