Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The inside!

Here is the inside of our home. Bruce our landlord is doing some renovations, he is putting in new windows, redoing the kitchen walls and ceiling and putting in ceiling fans. So there is a lot of equipment in the rooms, but you get the idea of what it looks like....

First Floor:
Front Living Room
2nd living room:
Another view of Front living and 2nd living room. The hallway leads to the 3rd living room, as well as the door to the basement.
3rd living room with 1/2 bathroom, this room also has an entrance to the stairs and kitchen.

1/2 bathroom

Kitchen, Darin and Bruce were in this room talking so I didn't get very good angles of it.

Mudroom that is connected to the kitchen and sun room.

The sun room...I think this will be our favorite room in the house, when it isn't too hot.

Second Floor:
These stairs were the deal breaker. We looked at so many houses that we really did like, however their stairs were either extremely steep or they didn't have a banister at all.

Bedroom #1 will be used as a study/office for now as well as a guest room for visitors...hint, hint!

Bedroom #2 - Nash's bedroom

This is a closet that connect with bedroom #1 and #2.

Master Bedroom, the door on the far left is the attic entrance. The door next to that is the full bathroom entrance (a down fall of the home, is the full bathroom is in the master bedroom, with no other entrance.) Then the door on the far right is a HUGE closet.

Full Bathroom:
Master Bedroom Closet. I swear we could make this into a whole other room. Maybe when we have our next baby this will be the nursery....haha.
This is only part of the attic, this is a lot of storage space up there.
And finally this is the basement with the washer and dryer. I am not going to put the other sections of the basement because Darin has deemed those as the scary story rooms, and I do not want any other comments about a haunted old house! I have to be in this home with Nash alone A LOT and I am not going to be scared to do laundry in the basement!
So that is a tour of our new home. It is sooo much better in person.... we are happy to have visitors!! I really enjoyed visiting the area this past week, it is so green and beautiful. There are a lot of Amish and Mennonite people, we stopped by one of their homes where they were selling quilts, it was pretty awesome. We also took a tour of the covered bridges in the area. That was neat, this place is like living in an Anne of Green Gables movie. We also visited our church ward and they were really nice. The bishop actually served his mission in the Holbrook, Arizona mission with the navajo people and one of his areas was in Bluff....random!! Then there were many others who knew people from Blanding....small world. The church building is 20-30 minutes away, in Kutztown. For those of you in Claremont, Brother Clegg's daughter (Briana's step sister) is in our ward. It is so nice to somewhat know someone!

14 comments:

shawnaberger said...

Hey Girl--it looks great! Its great to live in a house and not an apartment isn't it? Take care!

Ginger said...

I'm glad that you found something that will work for you. It looks great. I love old houses too, I might be a little scared of the basement though. But you know me, I'm a baby.

beck said...

looks way cute! and huge!

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

I love your new house! What will you do with all that space since you have always lived in apartments. It will be heaven! I love it! Congratulations!

LaRue Country Living said...

I love that you found a house to live in---it looks like you have tons of room and what to do with all that yard---to bad Lindie can't go. I am sure your parents are overwhelmingly sad to have her ;) Congrats!

Andy & Alicia said...

I love your house. I really like old homes too. It sounds like your house is going to be really big, maybe we will come and use your guest room.

Randy & JoAnna said...

You forgot to mention which room is going to be your Photography/Photoshopping/Scrapbooking room!
I like it!!! You did good! When are you going out there....June???

Jeanine said...

I love it, it has so much character and that is what is so fun about old houses! I love it! Basements are what make for good stories! Unless you went into Chanelle's rental in Blanding of Moav, I don't think you can even begin to dream about nightmare/haunted basements. You don't have anything to worry about. And you know that i am the the worry wart, so you can trust me. THOSE were scary basements. Until you open doors and there are rooms being dug out of the dirt, you are pretty safe! No, joke.

Andrews Family said...

How fun!!! I bet you are so excited...I'm excited for you just by looking at the pictures. Congrats!

Kim said...

Christina the house is so cute! Glad to see you guys found a great place! Now you can start to make it feel like home :)

Anonymous said...

look at all that crawling space and play space for Nash!! I LOVE this house Chris!! Congrats!!!

Chelle said...

I LOVE it!!! I'm so happy for you guys. It is such a cute house, and it looks so fun out there! That's cool you got to see Amish and Mennonite people, I really want to go out there sometime and visit you guys. Your staircase kind of reminds me of your last house! And your sunroom looks fun, everything out there is SO GREEN!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Brett + Kristin said...

CONGRATULATIONS on finding a awesome house and soo quickly! You guys were being blessed - and you deserve it. It looks like such a great house - so much room! We miss you guys! Thank goodness for blogs!

Elaine/Kent said...

Looks gorgeous! Fun place to live!