Monday, December 28, 2009

Chritmas Eve 2009

Our Christmas season was a little different this year.  This was our first Christmas away from our families.  It was a weird feeling knowing they were not even a days drive away from us.  When we decorated our tree we decided to hang the Christmas Cards we received on it so that we could share Christmas with our loved ones.  Lame, probably but it at least made us feel good.

I woke up early Christmas Eve morning with the flu.  Darin was scheduled to work until 7pm.  Nash and I were invited to a dinner with another resident's family.  I had to cancel because I wasn't feeling well.  Nash and I spent the day watching movies and reading books.  Darin was lucky to be with a really nice attendee who let him come home at 4pm.  Sadly he found me curled up on the couch and Nash wandering around like an orphan child.  Being an awesome husband Darin went to work fixing dinner.  Only to have the can shelf fall on him while looking for the tomato soup.  Nash was a great helper, he is the best can stacker.

 For our Christmas Eve program we sang Christmas songs, Darin read the Christmas Story, and Nash provided the entertainment. 

Then it was time to open the Christmas Eve gift provided by Granny and Grandad Cosby.  We of course called them on Skype and let them watch Nash open up his present.

It was a worm quilt Granny made and 2 pairs of jammies. 
The quilt was a huge hit!  He began dancing and rolling around on it. He loved looking at all the animals and making their noises.

Thanks Granny and Grandad!


Nash's new thing right now is sitting inside of bowls....very random!
This Christmas Eve was very kicked-back, we enjoyed just hanging out together as a family.

1 comment:

Elaine/Kent said...

Your mom is soooo talented, I love her quilts! Looks like a fun laid back Christmas Eve. Love the bowl seat!