Monday, December 14, 2009
New York City
New York City has been on our list to visit during the holiday season so we could see all the lights. This past weekend we got a visit from Troy and decided to spend our Saturday in the BIG APPLE! The city was crazy busy with people visiting for the holidays. On our way to the Rockefeller Center to see the big Christmas tree we ran into a HUGE crowd of people coming from a concert. Somehow we got in the middle of this group of hundreds of people that were pushing and shoving in all directions. Nash was in the umbrella stroller and people were taking NO notice of him and he was kicked and stepped on. I was hovering over him like an umbrella trying to shield him from the stampede. One girl said "whoa a baby!" and the girl behind her yelled "WHO CARES STEP ON IT!" I couldn't believe it! Darin came to our rescue and swooped Nash up, Troy grabbed the stroller and we plowed our way through the madness. Nash was screaming by the end and I was ready to cry. It was nuts...but we made it and the tree looked beautiful!


Darin's hat cracked me up! He got it on Canal Street. He looks like he is from Russia!





I didn't take many pictures because of all the people, but we were able to visit Canal Street and makes some great purchases. Troy even had one man tell him "someone is going to kill you!" because of his bartering skills...or lack of! ;) At one point Darin and Nash were taken in a back alley to look at some North Face Jackets. I stayed with the stroller and bags. A huge group of Polynesian girls stopped in front of me. One look at them and I was sure they were LDS. Then the leader of the group started saying "raise your hand if you want to go to the temple" haha! They were from Utah. If is funny how you can pick out us Mormons anywhere! New York is a fun city to visit every so often. Nash loved the lights and whenever he saw a Lion King sign we heard a "ROAR!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow what a trip!!! That is crazy! Glad you survived your trip, and hope you had some fun! I hope you and Darin have a wonderful Christmas, and hope it is good even if you don't get to have any family around. Tell Darin hi and love you all!!
Woah..that's crazy! I can't believe that girl said "step on the baby"...that kills me!
Hey, do you mind sending me your new address so that we can send you a Christmas card? You can send it to my email (amycatkin@hotmail.com). Thanks!
P.S. I loved your Tree Picking adventure...how fun! I can't wait till we can go search for, and cut down our own tree. Looks like you are having a blast there...I'm glad!
I loved getting caught up on your blog. Love the Christmas tree pics. and the classic "get me away from this bearded old man" pictures with Nash and Santa.
It made me sick just thinking of all those inconsiderate people running into you and little Nash.
I hope you have a good Christmas:).
Post a Comment