When I was growing up I had 2 sets of Great Grandparents and 1 set of Grandparents who lived in Blanding. We always spent Christmas Eve with my Great Hurst Grandparents and my moms brother Todd's family who lived in Blanding as well. It was always one of my favorite nights of the year. G. Grandma Hurst had all of the grandchildren share a talent, Aunt Toni read a story and ALWAYS made us either sing the Star Spangled Banner or recite the pledge of allegiance. Why I do not know but it is a fun memory anyway! The adults cooked a delicious meal complete with ham and funeral potatoes and G. Grandma made some awesome pecan tassies and yummy cinnamon pickles. There was always so much food and I would give anything to taste my G. Grandma's yummy cooking again.
Now I only have ONE grandma left alive in Blanding. My Grandma Cosby. We were never close to my Grandma Cosby and I was a bit afraid of her growing up. We were always closer to my Grandpa Cosby because he just always seemed to care more about us, or he just showed it better. We invited Gma Cosby over for Christmas Eve and my mom did an awesome job with the dinner. She even included pecan tassies. :)
I will be sad when all my grandparents are gone. It seems so lonely during the holidays without them around.
No comments:
Post a Comment