


Well It's official. After all the poking and prodding, I broke down and will add to the family blog. Christina's not one to toot her own horn, and I think now is a good time to toot it for her. It's her birthday!!! She has been such a support to me while I am away and such a wonderful mother. It has been hard being away from her and Nash. He'll be driving when I see him next. I'm really glad we have the web cam though. Itss not much, but better than just the phone. I feel terrible for not being around when we lost our little Bug. I loved that dog so much. I hope that the sacrifice of being away pays off in the end. In talking to those involved in the selection of residents at the last two programs I've been at, almost all of the residents they selected have been from those that rotated with them, making the away rotations a necessary evil of being away from family.
I feel terrible I can't celebrate Christina's Birthday with her, so I celebrated it the best way possible last night, alone with a staple bag of Costco trail mix, oreos, and my only movie on hand Nacho Libre. I've come to notice quite well that life just isn't much without being with the ones you love. I visited Nauvoo and Kirtland along with the floods in Iowa on my trip out here. It was interesting, but it is always better when you're sharing it. I'm not totally alone though. The house I'm in now has seven students in it. My room mate is LDS which is nice, although I don't see him much. He leaves when I'm awake and I arrive when he's asleep. I see him a few times in the ER when he comes down for Ortho patients. Three of my roommates are married also with kids, which is the first I've been others in the same situation.
Unfortunately I don't have the talent with pictures like Christina does, and I left my digital camera at home. I am adding some of my favorites now, but I have to run off to work so I'll add more later. Enjoy
Love you Sweet Heart.
Darin
11 comments:
That is so sweet! Happy Birthday Christina!
Does this work?
Happy Birthday to our little girl, we are so glad that you and Nash are here visiting on your birthday. We Love you and I remember what I was doing at this time 27 yrs ago.
mom and dad (he was just standing there though)
HA HA! You're mom is funny!I love you, happy birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Christina!!! I'm sad that we can't help you celebrate! That was a sweet entry Darin...I'm impressed that you knew how to do it-I'll have to teach Shane one day! You guys are awesome and we can't wait till you get back!
Happy b-day Christina.
Christina, that is so sweet!! You have such a good husband. It makes me happy that he is so sweet and thoughtful to you. And I really hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are such a great friend and you deserve it!!!!
Christina! Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good day! How does it feel to be 27? I can't believe that we are this old!!
Darin, I'm sorry for everything you have to put up with in school and being away from Christina and Nash. Hang in there, I hope it gets better soon!
happy birthday!!
Darin,
Thank you for taking such good care of my niece! Your sacrifice will all be worth it. They and we will all be waiting for you to COME HOME to your family. This was a very nice tribute to her!
Aunt Jo
Happy Birthday Christina! Darin I know Christina's misses you a lot! Your entry brought tears to my eyes! I don't know how you do it! I would hate to be away for so long!!
Post a Comment