Monday, August 18, 2008

A Sad Goodbye to Bugonia Hancock Willardson...

Today was a VERY hard day for our family. We had to say goodbye to our sweet little Bug Bug. She always thought she was bigger than her 2 pound body really was and today it caused a horrifying accident and I had to make the decision to put her to sleep.
Bugonia joined our family in October 2007. We had just received Lindy from our friends the Knechts when we heard my cousin Kara was trying to find Bug a home. The minute we saw her we knew she was ours. She instantly became our little Princess and Lindy's little sidekick. She had so much energy and was constantly licking something (drove me nuts!). For such a small dog she was pretty smart and she learned how to fetch and wanted to play continuously. Darin would throw her toy in the hardest places and laughed as she tried to get it... she always did.
My favorite past time with BugBug was to take her to the beloved dog park. She was my little celebrity... people always wanted to know more about Bugonia...how old she was...how much did she weigh...etc. She was the little boss of the park, and the other dogs either had crushes on her (Elliot) or they tried to figure out if she was a dog or a rat. She thought she was BIG and always wanted to play with the big dogs. I had to watch her closely or I would soon find her in the big dog area stirring up some kind of mischief.
I always enjoyed watching Bug and Lindy play, Bug for the most part held her own by biting Lindy's cheeks or sitting on her head, and Lindy was gentle with her. At the park Lindy would run and run, Bug would be right at her heels until she would hit a bump which would send her rolling. However she would get right back up and run again...such determination!
Occasionally Darin and I would take both dogs running with us and I always assigned Bug to him...which he hated because Bug would try to attack every person and dog that passed...not to mention how funny Darin looked running with such a small dog. After I had Nash when I took the dogs running, Bug preferred riding in the stroller...such a PRINCESS! She had a hard time when Nash came along, she was no longer the center of attention and tried very hard to be.
I couldn't feed Nash without her wanting to curl up around his head, or I would often find her getting into his bassinet to sleep next to him. She thought everyone loved her...even baby Nash! She became more clingy and it didn't matter what I was doing she had to be sitting on my lap.
We loved Bug so much as well as many others around us. There is a huge hole in our hearts now without our little Princess BugBug, and we miss her so much already! Lindy is still searching the house for her little companion. Our home will not be the same with out her!
I am sorry for the tribute to our dog but it is helping me grieve our loss. If any of you know my family, you would know that our dogs are special members of our family. I have heard people say that if they are to be reincarnated they want to come back as my dad's dog. We love our furry friends. We will all miss our little BugBug!

10 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

That is so sad. Dogs are the best pets, I love how they love to be loved by us, and all the attention. I'm sorry about Bug!

Christian said...

So sad. Good thing you have your baby now, though. Oh, I know it was forever ago, but that was so cool to see all your high school friends! I'm so glad you got to spend time with them. I think y'all need to have a reunion with ALL your crew! I remember I thought y'all were the coolest people on the planet when Bethany would have y'all over or I'd see y'all hanging out. Anyway, good to see some of the girls.

Randy & JoAnna said...

We will miss GONIES! I know you called her BugBug, but she will always be our little gonies! We loved that dog so much, and I'm glad we got to get her last licks a few weeks ago. She touched everyone's hearts who came in contact with her. We are so sad. Your tribute to her was really good, i teared up all over again. What a huge hole she is going to leave in our hearts. Thank you for being such a good mommy and daddy to her. She loved you so much and you gave her a good home. Be happy, I'm sure she's up in doggy heaven with Boods, and both are sitting on Grandma Lou's new found lap with Sam and Misty!
Love you guys!

Jeff and ReAnn said...

I am so sorry Christina. We, especially Kaylee, loved little "Bug" or as kaylee called her, "Gona". Thanks for the tribute. She was a special little friend.

Marjean 'n Aaron said...

Chris, I'm so sorry for your bugbug! That is so sad, I know it is hard when you lose a pet you love. I hope that it won't be too bad for you. I'm sure he's up in animal heaven hanging out with all of his old pals. Anyways sorry for your loss and hang in there!

Bree and Addi said...

I'm so sorry! I'm going to miss Bug Bug! She was so cute. Addi loved her so much, (except the licorice licking incident) That is really hard to lose a pet, she was just like your baby! I'm sorry :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Chris. I know that I talked to you already, but of course there is always room for a blog comment! Just want to say that I'm thinking about you and lil Gonies, and I'm just so happy that she was treated so well by you guys. She needed that. I'm happy we got to see her a bit ago, and to see that she still liked me even after putting her up for adoption. LOL. Be happy, smile... Boodsie will watch over her. He knows all to well what it was like to be tiny in a big world. :)

The Willardson Family said...

We are so sad to hear about bug. Carly was sooooooo sad. We have been talking about puppy heaven and we know that she is there right now.

Andrews Family said...

OHHHHH...I am so sad to hear about bug, your little tribute totally made me teary-eyed. Jayden is going to be really sad, no little dog to pick on anymore. He really liked bug. I hope you guys are doing okay! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is David Willardson, sorry about your loss. We had a simular loss with a 6 month old sharpei. The garage door came down on it while it was in the garage and crushed its lungs. The loss really had an imapact on us especially the children.
Take care.