Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Eve...

I absolutely love that we are NEVER alone for the holiday's even living so far away from home. What a blessing it is to be a member of our church. There is always people welcoming us in. This year we spent Christmas Eve at the wonderful Taylor and Stacia Smith house. They are first year ER residence at St. Luke's hospital (rival for Lehigh Valley, but we forgive them). Taylor's parents came into town (they are from Parawon...again we forgive them ;) to celebrate the holidays. It was so nice of them to invite us orphan families to celebrate with them.
We decided to have soup/chili and bread bowls. It was super yummy! ...although I did miss our sushi Christmas Eve. I guess we are going to need to have another Sushi party soon!
This blonde haired beauty is our hostess...thanks again Stacia!
We love the Ockerman's! :)
Isn't our boy such a sweetheart!
Darin became the star of the night when we began playing charades.
People are always so deceived by Darin's quiet/naive manner but the truth is he is a NUT CASE!! The game was to act out a Christmas themed word or phrase. Darin's plan was to get up and do a bunch of random moves such as the moon-walk and then when no-one got it he was going to sit down and angry...haha! Well even with his randomness we always seemed to guess what he was doing. How I don't know! These next pictures are what he did for "Star."
He shot a gun.
Danced across the room. (notice how hard people are laughing...we were dying!)
Acted like a zombie or something.
He melted to the ground.
Then jumped up!
And he was done...haha...and that was "Star" or something like that...sometimes I wonder what in the world I married...other times I am so grateful I have someone so unpredictable....Love ya Darin!
So remember the "The World's Largest Christmas Stocking" well we brought it to the party and let the kids choose a gift. I am sure the parents were so happy to get such random junky toys! :)
Such a fun night! Thanks again Smith family!

No comments: