My grandparents are a little funny. My grandpa really LOVED Mtn. Dew, and my grandma really loves gardens and she though by putting the bottles on the plants it would help them grow better. When it didn't work, she decided she liked the way they looked into the sunlight...haha so their yard doesn't have grass but it DOES have trees and bushes covered in Mtn. Dew bottles....yes it is true. They are little cooky but we love them. :)
My dad is the last of the Cosby men in his family. His brothers Tommy and Kay died when I was a child
I learned about a tradition that the older people in Blanding have where they have their caskets made before they die. They store them in their house and use them as cabinets until they die. A little strange but I guess smart for the fact you get what you want. haha. My cousin in-law made my grandpa's and my mom made the quilt that lined the casket was assembled by my cousin Stormy.




My gpa's best friend Jim Madden (2nd from left) wanted to be apart of the military tribute. Although, the guns were just a bit too strong and the 2nd shot brought him to the ground. He was pretty embarrassed when someone had to help him up and steady him to finish the shots. The gesture was pretty amazing and I know my Gpa I am sure appreciated his friend being a part of it.

My cousin Tyrel is part of the Army Reserve and was able to present the flag to my Grandma. I love military funerals, they add so much.
My cousins left a Mtn. Dew bottle to share with Gpa one final time.
I loved my Gpa very much and I know he loved me. He had a funny sense of humor, and always greeted us with a big smile. He will be missed.
No comments:
Post a Comment