Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring has Sprung...

I love the spring time in Pennsylvania. The trees and flowers are GORGEOUS and the weather is a bit wacky but great...minus the wind.
I took these with my phone on our way to the sandbox park.
I also love spring because it gets me excited to get moving and exercise. Okay so I love to exercise year round but I LOVE when I can go outside in the sunshine. Because I am pregnant and I pack on the weight I have been working on trying to find a great workout for pregnant woman. This is what I found....Sure I could totally do that....HAHA! Then I found and ordered some awesome workout videos. HEY don't judge them! Doesn't everyone want to put on a leotard and spandex during pregnancy and WORK OUT!Thankfully I have a great workout friend Codi who is pregnant and due around the time I am. We get together on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's and workout in my basement while the children run rampant in my house. It is great and is helping my mental attitude so much! On Tuesday and Thursday I meet with my friend Christine Masick and whoever wants to join during pre-school time and walk a couple of miles.A while back I signed up for one final race, an 8k for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. This was my 3rd time doing this race. Spring means race season and well I was nuts for thinking I could do it at 6 months pregnant...I wanted to throw in the towel 2 weeks before and just do the 5k walk. But then after a workout one day Codi and I decided we would try to run the race route to see how far we could make it. We ran the whole thing and felt great! I was like a kid in a candy store, so giddy and happy. Until I got home and couldn't walk, and then began to spot. Luckily the spotting stopped and I decided to take it easy the next couple of weeks. I tried to run a mile each day before my workout schedule and that seemed to help out a ton. When race day came which was shared by many great friends as we were on a team called TEAM ARIEL, in honor of my friends daughter who beat Leukemia. This picture was inspired by an awesome workout video by Kathy Smith. I recommend it to everyone who is pregnant for a good laugh! haha.
This year the race was divided into heats. Codi and I were in the last wave of runners but we were NOT the last runners to finish. YAY US! Codi finished at 57 minutes and I was at 58 minutes. (according to my Garmin watch since my race chip did not work!) Of course those are not times that we would normally be proud of but seriously running an entire 8k without stopping 6 months pregnant is pretty incredible in my eyes! I finished with some 60 to 70 year old's who took care of me each step of the way...I love making friends during races. It is so fun to have them come high five you at the end. :)

Congratulations to all our friends who ran the race you all did AMAZING!

...and now my running shoes are put away for a couple of months. :)

No comments: