Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pennsylvania to South Carolina

Darin didn't finish working at Lehigh Valley until Saturday, June 22nd and then had orientation in Georgia on Monday, June 23rd.  Luckily LVH let him get off on Saturday.  The boys and I ran by our old house one last time to see if there was any mail that had come and to say good-bye to our next door neighbors the Hendricks family.  We loved them a lot and will miss them!
Darin and I decided we would travel 6 of the 12 hour drive that night in hopes the boys would sleep most of the way.  It worked out great!  The only problem was when we arrived at the motel there was not a pack n' play available for Asa to sleep in.  So I got a bit creative which didn't work out so well....

 Asa and I did not sleep to well that night and the "creative bed" turned into a jungle gym.

Asa rode with me in my car, and Nash with Darin.  Both boys got carsick once on the trip in about the same place.  Overall they were great little travelers which I am so thankful for!  We had plenty of treats and movies to carry us through!
We made plenty of stops to stretch our legs and collect rocks and sticks and make friends with people making pit stops as well. :)
 But boy was I happy when I saw this water tower...
 North Augusta...Our new home.

We couldn't move into our new house until Monday so we stayed in a hotel (in the ghetto of Augusta). We attended our new ward and one of the sisters in the ward lent me a pack n' play because of course this new hotel didn't have one either...ugh! 
On Monday we arrived early to the house.  The people before us were still moving out and the landlord and his wife were there cleaning...boy was it dirty!  We didn't get it all the way clean before they left that night but I didn't mind cleaning as I unpacked.  We had no where to go and Darin was at work so we asked if we could stay and help clean.  Our trailer of stuff was supposed to arrive by noon...ya it didn't get there until 5pm when I tracked it down.  The ward showed up at 6pm and WOW what a turn out of help it was.  We had the trailer unpacked in no time.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay - glad to have your blog! I linked it to the family blog. (You need to update :).)