Darin had a Saturday off, he spent the morning playing frisbee golf with his 11 year old scouts and our boys. I spent the morning running 12 miles in preparation for my half marathon. I was pooped but they were raring to go so we cleaned up and headed for Columbia to go to the zoo. It was Darin's first time and the zoo was decorated for Halloween.
I think the penguins were my favorite this time. They are so fun to watch and the tank is set up great so you can see them on land and in the water.
Darin is ALWAYS a fan of feeding the birds. He was pretty bummed when the birds were pretty much full and didn't want to eat. Nash is never a fan of feeding the birds so we checked out the cute koala's instead.
Asa was in love with watching the meerkats. He thought they were so funny. They kept coming up to the window by him which made it all that more entertaining.
Nash was convinced there was a cave that had bats in it. I didn't remember that from the last time. He did not stop talking about it, so I asked a worker and she said they didn't have bats. Well on our way to the exit we went through a cave and there was the bats. Nash was so excited, he had to have a picture in front of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment