Tuesday, November 26, 2013

First day of Pre-k

Oh Nash was excited for his first day of school.  He could hardly contain himself during our picture session.


 I am glad that Darin had the day off and could see him off.  He was good at calming mine and Nash's nerves.  He and Nash read the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe to keep us calm.

 Asa did his own research to figure out who his mother is! :)
 Then the bus came!  I started crying at this point as I watched my big boy march himself up to the doors.
 My anxiety was through the roof and I was so mad at the bus driver for not even saying good morning, smiling or waving at us or Nash.
 But then again, Nash didn't even look back.

 We made Nash cookies to celebrate his first day of school.


He didn't have much to say about school but he was one happy boy!

He rode the bus for 2 weeks and then he told me the bus driver was mean on the first bus, and the afternoon bus was too hot and he was getting car sick.  So I started dropping him off and picking him up. 
We became less then thrilled with Belevedere as the months went on.  I offered to volunteer in the classroom each week but the teacher told me each time that they did not need my help because they just were not busy enough.  Nash started to hate to go to school.  He asked every morning if he could stay home.  That was my first and second alarm.  The third came when our neighbor boy Emmanuel said he could see Nash's class from his and they were always watching Dora the Explorer.  Darin inquired about this and the aide was quite huffy with a reply.  I got a note home that day from the teacher saying that they were so busy getting kids transitioned that they turned on the TV to help with the process.  I was IRRATE!   So I asked again to volunteer and was told the same thing.  Nash did not go back.  He now attends a private preschool at Grace Methodist Church.  We are beyond happy with this change and Nash is so excited to go to school again.

No comments: