My mom offered to make the baby blessing for baby girl Willardson. She brought out all her lace and wanted me to choose one I liked. They were pretty but they were not what I had in mind. So I started going through my cedar chest to see what I had in there. My great grandma Agnes Hurst gave me her wedding negligee when I was 14 years old. Which was completely awkward at the time. However after pulling it out and looking at it I was completely thrilled I had it. The lace was exactly what I wanted to use for the dress. Then I found some old scottish linen that she gave me as well...Jackpot!
My mom gave me a cylinder pillow so I could make a mock of what I wanted. Ya this picture is not the greatest. I was actually getting after Nash for something....oops!
This is what I came up with...
This is what my mom made....
It is beautiful and I love it. Although, I am going to change the bow on the front. I am so excited to see it in person. I love that it has family history in it and baby girl will have a part of one of my heros. Grandma Agnes Hurst was one of my favorite people and I considered her one of my best friends growing up. I spent many hours with her and enjoyed being with and learning from her. She lived to be 102 when she died. She told me she would live until I got off my mission....that she did about 2 months after. I love her so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment