Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Utah Snow Days...

My dad is truly the animal whisperer.  I am never surprised to find that he has taken another animal to care for.  This time around it was a flock of birds.  The back deck is always covered in bird food because he thinks he needs to feed them during the winter.  I think he is preventing their migration!  Nash and Asa loved helping Grandad feed the birds because they wanted to get out in that snow!


 So I bundled them all up...

 Asa was still deciding if he liked walking or not.  For the most part he was still on that weird igor crawl.  Especially in the snow.  Maybe he had too many layers on but he didn't want to move.

 Nash was loving it.  We spent a lot of time throwing snowballs at the swing set and trees.
 Asa spent a lot of time doing this...


Nash and I ended up ditching Asa for a nap and we went for a walk below my house in the old sewer pond ruins.  Nash loved that place.  Maybe just as much as I did as a kid.  It isn't as cool anymore like it was when I was kid.  A lot of trees and brush had died so the hiding places were not as great.  But it was so nice walking through where I used to play as a child.
Koen and Sadie came over quite a bit while we were there.  Koen and Nash found some secret hideouts and then a bunch of old stuff to make a sled.
 Well Koen worked hard on making the sled.

 Nash on the other hand spent that time packing snow to a tree.
After the sled was finished. Koen and Nash came in and asked my mom if they could hook it to the 4 wheeler to pull it around the neighborhood.  I just listened to see what she would say.  First off there isn't enough snow outside to do that and second who was going to be driving.  My mother didn't listen very carefully and gave her approval.  I gladly stepped in right then and put a kabosh on that idea.  Then my mom clued in on what they were doing.  They were happy with pulling each other around by their hands and feet.

No comments: