Friday, August 16, 2013

Final Run in the Parkway...

I can't say enough about the "family" we gained in Pennsylvania.  I am actually tearing up as I write this because our final morning in Pennsylvania was so dear to me.  I don't think I could have spent it any other way and have been happy.  I met up with my three greatest friends in PA at the Parkway for a final run.  It was a beautiful morning although it was a little cold.  I had packed my suitcase for summer so I didn't have any long running pants only shorts that went to my knees and a short sleeve.  I was freezing although my emotions warmed me up pretty fast.

 Christine was my first friend in the Lehigh Valley. I met her through the moms club and we became friends instantly. I don't know if I would have survived that first in year in PA without her.  She taught school that year but we emailed back and forth all day.  It was so fun getting to know her that way and they we would get our kids together later in the day or on the weekends.  She also came to church with me and supported me in my callings.  I remember her parents and inlaws were worried I was converting her. haha.  Although, she would make an EXCELLENT Mormon! :)

  Brook and I moved into the Kutztown ward the same week.  Everyone would confuse our families.  We decided we could be friends when our families both arrived at the Bishop's welcome party late and we all were flustered with our spouses about how to get there. haha.  Anything we ever did we invited the Ockerman's along.  Every holiday spent in Pennsylvania was with the Ockerman's.  They are a family that means a lot to all of us.

And of course we all know how much I love Stacia.  There is pretty much not a post on this blog with out a reference to Stacia or her boys.  She is my sister!

 Oh how I love all of these ladies and I love that almost every memory I have of PA has one or all of them in it! Such a blessing to know them.
 Our plane didn't leave until the early afternoon.  We got to spend some time with Darin and unwind from the moving madness.  Darin was not going with us to Utah.  He still had 1 month to go before he was done at LVHN.  His plan was to live in the call room.  And that is what he did!
 This is Nash on the plan ride.  I think we were a little wiped out!  In fact both the boys were good little travelers on the plane to Utah.
Oh and the nice shinner is from running up the stairs to show Stacia something and he smacked right into the banister...so Stacia says.... ;)

No comments: